I am a Professor of Legal Studies at Hofstra University’s Frank G. Zarb School of Business as well as a member of the New York State Bar, the New York State Bar Association, the Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB), and the North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business (NEALSB). I also serve as a reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals and have served as an officer of the North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business (NEALSB) from 2009-2012 (President, 2011-2012, President-elect and Program Chair 2010-2011 and Vice President 2009-2010).
Business Law and the Legal Environment of Business Third Edition, Textbook Media Press (2017)
- Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks and Trade Secrets (CreateSpace & Kindle Direct Publishing, Summer 2011)
Mindscapes: Ten Science Fiction and Speculative Fiction Short Stories, (CreateSpace & Kindle Direct Publishing, Summer 2014)
- Book of Dreams: Science Fiction and Speculative Fiction Short Stories, CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing (2011)
- Of Pain and Ecstasy: Collected Poems, CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing (2011)
- Business Law and the Legal Environment of Business 2e, Textbook Media (2010)
Recent Articles in Refereed Journals and Law Reviews
- López, V. D. When Lenders can Legally Provide Loans with Effective Interest Rates Above 1,000 Percent, Is it Time for Congress to Consider a Federal Interest Cap on Consumer Loans? Notre Dame Journal of Legislation (Vol. 42, Issue 1) 2016.
- López, V. D., Maccarrone, E. T. Traffic Enforcement by Camera: Privacy and Due Process in the Age of Big Brother Law Journal for Social Justice (Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University), Vol 5. Spring 2015.
- Maccarrone, E. T., López, V. D. (2016). Medical Malpractice Limitations for New York Infants – Time for a Change of Time?. Medical Malpractice Limitations for New York Infants – Time for a Change of Time?, XXXIV (2015-2016), 99-125.
- López, V. D., Maccarrone, E. T. “Leading the World in the Wrong Direction: Is it Time for the U.S. to Adopt the World Standard Loser Pays Rule in Civil Litigation?” North East Journal of Legal Studies, Spring 2014.
- López, V. D. “Dealing with Uninvited and Unwelcomed Guests: A Survey or Current State Legislative Efforts to Control Illegal Immigration within Their Borders” International Journal of Public Law and Policy, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2013 (Geneva, Switzerland).
- López, V. D. “Unauthorized Practice of Law in the U.S.: a Survey and Brief Analysis of the Law” North East Journal of Legal Studies (Vol. 26, Fall 2011).
- López, V.D. “Principled Leadership: Finding Common Ground among Divergent Philosophies” University of Botswana Law Journal, Vol. 11 (December 2010).
- López, V.D. “State Homestead Exemptions and Bankruptcy Law: Is it Time for Congress to Close the Loophole?” Rutgers Business Law Journal, Vol. 7 ( Spring 2010) [recently cited by the U.S. Supreme Court in Law v. Siegel, 134 S. Ct. 1188 (2014) and IN RE MARTIN, Bankr. Court, ED New York (2013)].
- “Illegal Immigration: Economic, Social and Ethical Implications” North East Journal of Legal Studies Vol. 22 (Spring 2009).
- “Legislating Relief for the High Cost of College Textbooks: a Brief Analysis of the Current Law and its implication for Students, Faculty and the Publishing Industry” Journal of Legal Studies in Business, Vol. 15 (2009).
For additional information about me and my publications, including free previews of my current books, please visit my web page at http://www.victordlopez.com.